Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 11 July 2019

Florence #3

Hi Everyone 
Florence #3 is underway. I’ve cut out all the fabric pieces for my third Florence by Merchant&Mills and started to construct the bodice. This time I’m making a dress version. The dress is exactly the same as the blouse other than the length of the frill. I need to extend the frill by 61 cm. A lovely dress version inspired this Make - check it out here on the Merchant&Mills Instagram feed.

          

My fabric choice is a Vintage Blue Linen Rami. I’m not quite sure exactly how much fabric I had at the beginning- it was in three separate pieces and probably around 3m. However, the Florence does have a very wide gathered frill section and I just managed to cut this section (which will form the skirt) from two of the pieces. I had considered making a fully lined bodice (lined with the same fabric) but could only manage to line the front. All is well and I’m happy with progress.
Hopefully, I’ll manage to spend some more time today on the dress. I have everything I need, including some beautiful buttons (bought for another project). I’ll share my progress tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment