Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 1 July 2019

Molly Top

Hi Everyone 
I’m almost there with my Molly Top (pattern by Workshop). If you called in on Friday, you will know - I did have other plans for my weekend sewing  - that’s another story which I will share tomorrow. 

               

My Gemma Top needed some finishing, around the collar and top edge of the sleeves so that seemed a good way to spend my sewing time. I also needed to develop the button holes and sew on the buttons. A well finished inside of the top is very important to me, so I wanted to make sure it was right. This means all the seams are sealed in some way (French Seams or overlocked) and no raw edges. I’m very happy with how things have turned out. The seams are all good and the button holes have worked well. 
I love the shape of the top. The button colour has worked well and I’m already thinking about the next Gemma. All I need to do is to give the top a good press. The fronts (left and right) and the collar section could be top stitched but I rather like the clean folded look. I think, a good press will be fine. Hopefully, I can wear my top tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment