Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 16 July 2019

The Saltmarsh Skirt

Hi Everyone 
I’ve managed to trace the pattern and cut out the fabric for my new sewing project, The Saltmarsh Skirt by Merchant&Mills. There are only five pattern pieces to the design. There’s a front, back, waistband, pockets and a drawstring (to be threaded through the waistband). The construction should be very straightforward - famous last words.

          

I’m using a Seasalt fabric, 100% cotton Ephemeral Light Squid. This fabric is a gorgeous petrol blue colour with a greenish plaid detail. The simple skirt design has a drawstring waist and side pockets, no zips or buttons involved. The skirt is also quite long. I’m not totally convinced long skirts are good for me ? I have a short torso and long skirts and dresses tend to make me look rather squat !  However, I do like the idea of a light, flowing skirts for Summer days. I’m happy to give the long version a ‘go’ !

I’m hoping to make good progress with my skirt today - I’ll share developments tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment