Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 17 December 2019

Christmas Angels

Hi Everyone 
I spent a lovely day Making Christmas Angels on Saturday, here is a few images of my Angel.  
Here he is :

                

This wonderful workshop was run by Liz Reed. Liz runs workshops across the North East of England, you can find examples of her work here. Everything about the Workshop (on Saturday) was lovely and a thoroughly good way to properly start my Christmas. I’ve been preparing and making lists etc for a few weeks but the workshop definitely started my festive celebrations.
I’ve made the little Driftwood people before but the Angel is a new addition to the workshops that Liz runs. It’s a strange thing but although the Driftwood Folk are very simple in design, just a knitted dress/tunic with a driftwood stick for a head and usually some form of head gear; each character is unique. All the Angel's on the day of the workshop were similar but each one, distinctive. It’s the ‘heads’ that start to form the character. 
My Angel is called Bert. I’ve called him (yes, the Angel is definitely a he) Bert because he reminds me of a bloke standing at a bar drinking a pint ! It’s to do with his chunky head, hands in his pockets and a slight ‘leaning forward’ stance. There was no interference from me, he just suggested all his characteristics himself.
Amazingly, somehow the driftwood heads choose themselves. I knitted the tunic and tried a few different heads from a box Liz provides at the workshop. The head I chose was the second head from a selection of about six or seven heads. Somehow, I just knew the head was right.
I love my Angel. My plan is to add a few beads to the tunic,wings and crown, just to make him a little more festive. I’m not totally how he will turn out but I’m hoping he will end up on our Christmas tree in a few days.
Check out the other Christmas Angels made by our workshop group, on the day - here.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend, I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment