Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 23 December 2019

Advent Socks

Hi Everyone 
I’ve completed my Advent Socks. However, it’s a bit too early ! I finished knitting yesterday with three little packets to open, however, all is well. The socks are lovely and I’ve got the ends to sew in today.  I’ll think about the size of the balls for next year. I’ve obviously added a bit too much yarn to each ball. I also like the idea of adding a needles (for sewing in the ends) to the last packet - so will definitely do this next year.

        

The Advent sock idea is here to stay. I’ll prepare the whole project early as I will forget which yarns I’ve included and will use up ends of sock yarn again. I did forget which yarns I’d included this year. I’ve just used my ‘go to’ rib sock pattern but reversed the stocking stitch throughout. Next year, I’ll include another stitch combination, not sure what at the moment ? Perhaps, I’ll think about some cables ?
Each sock is different and I just decided, on the day, which sock to add the new colour yarn ball to. Generally, other than the timing, everything has gone to plan. I’ve enjoyed this project better than the other Advent projects of recent years, so will definitely refine and repeat the idea. I love the socks and will wear them over the next few days.

I’m starting my Christmas Holiday break today so this will be my last post until January 3rd 2020.
Thank you for calling in today. Hope you have a lovely Christmas, if you celebrate.
See you next year with more Making stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment