Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 9 December 2019

Advent Update

Hi Everyone 
It’s Day 9 of Advent today and my new little yarn ball is yellow. Read back over December to see the development of my Advent Knit Project which is a pair of mismatched socks this year. 

              

I’ve simply added a new section (each day) and the colours have been the ones which came out that day. I do have a choice of which sock I can knit and am excited each day to choose how to progress.
I didn’t know, exactly, how I would knit my socks ? They have turned out well, I like the pattern. The only idea I had, was to to knit a reverse rib - somewhere in the sock. 
I started the heel flat yesterday and wasn’t sure about which stitch to use for the heel ? I want the pattern to be easy to knit so have opted for a purl stitch heel, a first for me. I like the way the socks looks.
So today, I have my yellow little yarn ball. I’ve decided to knit on the smaller sock today. This will introduce the yellow into this sock and make the socks a pair, even though they are mismatched.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment