Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 3 December 2019

Advent Update

Hi Everyone 
It’s Day 3 of Advent today and I’ve just opened my little bag. It’s a bit tricky today !  I have a decision to make about how to knit today’s mini ball. I had thought, I would just knit on, whatever turned up. However, it’s another of the blue colour and I’m not sure a large block of blue is what I want in the striped socks ? I think, it’s time to start sock 2 !

            

I had a few tests runs with the reverse rib idea and eventually decided on the pattern you see in my photo story. Initially, my ribs were similar in width but it’s the single stitch lines which give the effect I’m looking for. I’m happy with how things are progressing as far as the pattern goes.
The idea of having two socks on the needles is to have a choice of how the colours can be knitted up, I hadn’t thought I would need to start the second sock, so soon. I did think, I would wait until a second grey appeared to start the second cuff with a grey yarn. Such as life ! So, I’ll be starting my second sock today.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment