Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 5 December 2019

More Knitting Stories

Hi Everyone 
If you called in yesterday, you will know about the dilemma I had regarding my Advent Knitting Project. I opened the third Blue mini yarn ball and eventually decided to just add it. My problem was how the third Blue would effect how the balance of colours could work. Howeve,  I’m happy with progress and all is well. I’d already accepted my socks would not be the same, so that fine ! 
Today, the little ball is an ‘oatmeal’ colour, I’m going to add it to the all Blue sock. No decision needed, I just knew immediately ! I’m very much enjoying this project. Each day, there is plenty of time to complete knitting the new ball and the socks are growing well. I’m hopeful the whole project will be completed by the the end. My slight concern is finishing too early ! If I do, I’m already thinking about how I can add to the basic sock ? 

                  

My second knitting story is all about a project which is repurposing a sweater. You can read more about this story here. I think, the project was always destined to be a Nuuk. I’m looking forward to wearing my new Nuuk. The colour is perfect for my wardrobe, I have lots of layering ideas already ! The Nuuk has been quite a quick knit, only a week in and I’m into the main body of the sweater. It’s just about Stocking Stitch for around another 25 cms, a little on the short sleeves and the neck band. I’m juggling the Advent Socks and my Nuuk each evening, so I’m feeling very smug about my progress.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with another Making story.


No comments:

Post a Comment