Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 6 December 2019

Silver Sample (6/12/19)

Hi Everyone 
I’m still deep into house decorating and all other creative projects have suffered ! However, I have a number of Silver bangles under construction. So, my Silver Sample for this week is happening. My design is very simple, a fixed (soldered) silver wrist ring with smaller textured silver tube beads. I’m thinking of four sliding beads, initially.

                        

I’ve used a 2mm wire and slightly larger silver tube beads. The beads are not huge but they take a surface texture well and slide on the wire without getting in the way.
I have problems with silver bangles and have looked for the perfect bangle most of my life. Often, a bangle will not fit over the knuckle part of my right hand. Hopefully, these bangles will work, they are a fine (wire) size but strong enough and I’m confident this time all will be well ! I’ll share my results next time. I’m already thinking of adding small cups with semi precious stones if this works out.
On other news, Advent 6 has produced a Mustard coloured yarn today - read bag each day for the whole Advent story. In the meantime, here is a look at the Mustard yarn. This will change the dynamic !

                    

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making stories.




No comments:

Post a Comment