Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 12 December 2019

Christmas Cooking

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing another kind of Making today. This is my annual Christmas cook job. I always make a traditional Christmas Cake, a Christmas Pudding and a few jars of Sweet Mincemeat. However, sometimes, I leave the cooking until a bit too late. This year, all has happened as planned and I’m feeling very smug. The only thing left to do, is to decorate the cake. My plan is a quirky Christmas scene. I have lots of little Christmas characters, some trees, reindeer and boiled sweets (ready for a little lake). I’ll share the results in a week or so. I’ll cover the fruit cake with marzipan and then add Royal Icing (for the snow !). It’s all a bit ‘see how it goes’.
Here’s a quick look at my Sweet Mincemeat in their jars, I’ve made my new labels and its ready to go.

               
The first Sweet Mincemeat job will be Mince Pies on Christmas Eve, a bit of a tradition in our house !

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment