Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 13 December 2019

Alpaca Fibre

Hi Everyone 
I have a new little project underway. I’m processing Alpaca fibre to make into a knitted garment. I’m not sure what I will produce with my fibre yet ? but it’s very exciting to produce yarn ‘from scratch’.
I’ve washed the fibre and it’s been quite a few days drying ! The fibre is dry and ready to be carded. This fibre came from a friend’s Alpacas and will be amazing when I’ve worked on it, very special.

                  

I don’t have very much fibre (in weight) and I’ve not had any previous experience of spinning this type of yarn. So, who knows how much I will get and what weight seems possible ? I like the fibre to tell me how to spin it, sounds a bit daft but the fibre definitely spins in the way it wishes. I’ve learned that it’s best to go with how it feels !
I will dye my yarn after spinning, I’m already thinking about colours. My default ‘blue’ will probably be my choice.The fibre (currently) is a pale natural colour which is great for whatever colour I fancy, perhaps a combination of blues. I’ll let you know how things progress.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday with more Making news.


No comments:

Post a Comment