Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 December 2019

Sewing Update

Hi Everyone 
Following my chat last week about making knickers, I did decide to complete the Celeste Knickers by ohhh lulu. Read the original piece here.
I needed to add the waistband and was wondering if I should push on with the Make ? What was I thinking, although there are slight issues with the placement of the leg lace, the fit and feel of the knickers is great. I’m actually very pleased with the outcome. The fabric is beautifully soft and drapey and the fit is quite good. I will adapt the pattern slightly - I think the fit would improve with a few centimetres on the length at the centre of the back.

                         

I’m inspired to make an adapted second version of the Celeste pattern. I have lots of the dusky pink fabric left to make many more pairs of knickers but I also have some bright pink fabric, which I think will work too. I’ve got lots of different coloured stretch lace and will come up with some idea for the second design. Very exciting.
I’m hoping to cut out the new fabric pieces later today. I’m still house decorating so time is short ! however, I’m keen to keep going with this one. I’ll share the results when I have something.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment