Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 December 2019

Making News Update

Hi Everyone 
I have a little update on my current Making projects today. Surprise, surprise - Advent Day 4 of the sock project has given me another blue yarn ball ! I love blue (obviously) but I do remember lots of other colours in the original collection of yarn balls or did I ? 
I deliberately mixed everything up and have almost forgotten what yarns have been included. However, I guess that’s the whole point - random stuff ! Unfortunately, I’m not absolutely OK with too much blue in one ‘stripe’. The blue will cease to be a stripe and more of a block. I seem to have a minor crisis ! I need to think about this one.
My other news is equally troublesome. I’ve been testing out new knicker patterns and have made (almost completed) The Celeste Panties, a free pattern from ohhh lulu. There are some fabulous patterns on her website, I have a few favourites which I will buy. Take a look at the range here.

My fabric is a lovely, soft, fine, pale pink Lycra and I have used some beautiful stretch lace in a creamy pink colour. The fit is quite good and I like the cut. I’ll adapt the pattern slightly by adding  a few centimetres to the back piece. This will make the fit perfect. I have prepared the elastic for the low waist/hip and it’s two min. job to complete. Generally, I’m very pleased. However, here comes the issue. I’ve managed to not aligne the leg lace. Despite following the designers YouTube video (which reminds you to do this) I managed to attach one side lower than the other ! There’s not much in it but it’s there. Very annoying. I’ve considered taking it out and I may still do this. I’ve left things for a day or so to see if it matters that much. 


                      


It sort of does ! But .... this pair was my test pair and I may leave things as they are ? Hence my reluctance to sew on the waist elastic. I’m going to leave things another day before I do anything. It will take quite some time to unpick the zigzag stitches on the lace !

Let’s hope my day improves !

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment