Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 2 December 2019

Advent 2019

Hi Everyone 
It’s Advent again and I’m underway with this years project. I’ve used exactly the same approach as last year, a little box of numbered packets, filled with little balls of wool. This year, I’m knitting a pair of socks.
I started yesterday’s packet (Day 1) with the cuff of one sock, I had all kinds of ideas about creating my pair of (semi matching) socks but have abandoned all the ideas and will simply knit each sock as the yarn appears from each packet. I will knit both socks simultaneously, I’m hoping this will allow me to choose how to place my colours as they appear. I’d like to have a different colour stripe rather than a block of colour, so if I pull out the same colour as the day before, I can choose which sock to add the new ball. That’s the plan.

                 

I don’t t mind the socks not matching, as long as the colours are the same (which they are ). I’ve forgotten, exactly, how many colours and which colours I’ve used, this is a good thing and will give me a little surprise each day ! Day 1 colour is a lovely light grey colour. Day 2 is a very pretty blue. I need to knit a little more of the rib with my blue and then it’s a decision about the pattern or not (on the leg of the socks). I think, I’d like to create a reverse rib pattern on my socks. I’ve seen lots of this type of pattern lately and like the almost inside out look this gives. My plan is to knit up each ball every day which should give me my socks by the end of advent. 
I’ll give an update on the project in a few days and share the pattern I’ve created.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment