Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 11 December 2019

Knitting Nuuk Sweaters

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing my Collection of Nuuk sweaters today. I have (almost) four !

         

My Nuuks have been knitted over a period of two or three years - can’t quite remember ? They are my favourite sweaters, very easy to wear and I reach for them often. The sweaters are very simple and rather plain but great for lots of layering, which is great for me.
Sweater (1), (2) and (4) are all knitted from Baa Ram Ewe Dovestone yarn. Nuuk (3) is made for a very old yarn stash, a Merino (don’t have the label anymore) held together with a lace weight Malabrigo silk. Sadly, number (3) isn’t the best fit, so I will need to reknit the whole sweater. That’s for another day !
The story for today is number (4), my latest Nuuk. This yarn set out life as a tunic, you can read about the journey of the yarn here. I’m knitting this sweater alongside my Advent socks and a crochet cowl project, so things are going slower than I’d like. However, I’m hoping I can finish the main body this evening. The sleeves are very short and I need to add a neckband rib. I’m hoping I can finish this new Nuuk by the weekend. I’m sure at will knit more. I love the long sleeved version and I would like my next Nuuk to have long sleeves. I think, I’d like to knit up a Nuuk from leftover DK yarn in my stash, there are lots of options !! I’ll let you know what yarn I will use,  in the next few weeks.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment