Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 7 November 2013

News of my new 'moodboard'.




Hi from thepapersac
Today is a brighter day all round ! The sun is shining and I'm feeling better too and have even managed my morning run (half a run to be precise).

Yesterday, was quite a productive day. I developed a batch of jewellery bits using white and blue clay. My idea was to add to the 'Pebbles' and 'Denim' jewellery collections. I have achieved quite a range of stuff but need to put the bits together to form actual pieces. I hope to do that today. I can then start using my packaging ideas and get something which works for the designs. Here is a look at the stuff so far.















All the individual items need to be finished properly and at the moment I'm not sure exactly how I will do this. I can sand, shape and polish but I think I need to add something else to some of the items.















Perhaps, some bits need some paint or other surface treatment ? I also need to think about stringing material ? As I work through the 'building' process, I'm confident ideas will suggest themselves.


I also talked about a new colour/textured collection yesterday and have come up with a mini mood board with my plans. Here is a quick peak :



I think, I will take some basic design shapes from the Pebbles and Denim range and apply the ideas from the board. I'm inspired to use the layering idea from Genervieve Williamson's blog (see the link from yesterday) as a way of layering the different colours and textures. My plans are to have an eclectic collection of interchangeable pieces using colours and textures inspired by my moodboard. I hope to use each little 'tile' on my moodboard to inspire some 'special clay' making it look similar to each sample. The project is an 'aspiration' aim for me and a means of experimenting. I will find it challenging but it's an exciting challenge - I'm eager to get going with it. However, before any of that can happen, I'm determined to get the current Pebbles and Denim Collection complete and ready for a charity sale on 1/12/13.

Must get on.

Bye for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment