Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 12 November 2015

Clay Day

Hi Everyone
I always consider Thursday's as my 'self indulgent day' - where I get to make something just for me. That's the idea anyway, however, this doesn't always turn out as planned (I can dream !) Today, I am definitely going to get my own agenda going. If you called in last week you will know I made some lovely green beads which are to be transformed into a few jewellery items for me - either a bracelet and or necklace and possibly earrings.
I want to distress some of the surface designs of the beads with some acrylic paint, just a minimal hint of Titan buff acrylic. I will shine up the surface of some of the beads and randomly string. I like the idea of stringing onto a ribbon so may give this a go. I want to wear some of the resulting jewellery as an everyday thing, so will also have a minimal look.
I'm also going to start the faux glass technique I mentioned last week. This involves  using ink on translucent polymer. I will try for a range of greens again. Hopefully, I can produce some faux glass beads. I will share my results next time. In the meantime, here are the beads ready for using. 

                                  

I've transferred them into a lovely little wooden tray. I love these trays and have them positioned all over the house ! Everything I'm currently making needs to be small enough to fit into the trays !  If any beads are left over, I will keep them in the trays and use them when I need them, in the meantime they will make me smile everytime I see them.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment