Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Recipe Wednesday

Hi Everybody 
Today's recipe is another tried and tested pudding from my past. I can't remember how long it is since I made this pudding but it turned out great and just as easy to make as I had remembered. There is a longish cooking time (40 mins) but I found I could prepare the pudding in the morning, cover with cling and place in the fridge until I came home from working. We normally eat dinner (weekdays) at about 5.30pm so I had plenty time for the 40 mins bake. So what's this recipe, it's a Bread and Butter Pudding.
I used a couple of tea cakes rather than bread for this recipe. I sliced the tea cakes quite thinly and buttered each slice. I layered the slices along the base of a shallow dish and grated the rind of an orange over the tea cakes. I mixed 4 eggs with 600ml of milk and 50gm of sugar and poured the milky mix over the sliced tea cakes. Just before baking on gas mark 3, I sprinkled ground cinnamon over the whole surface of the pudding.
The pudding raises beautifully, turning a rich golden colour and smells wonderful while cooking. My recipe is adapted from Marguerite Patterns 1,000 Favourite Recipes, this is an old book my husband owned before I met him and looks a bit dull but it's full of amazing recipes. I will be looking to this book for more ideas.
Now down to business - will the recipe make it into the book ? Yes, it was a winner, the boys loved it and it got 5/5. They renamed the pudding Citrus Delight - I like the name but I think it will probably still get 'Bread and Butter Pudding' ? 
I gave it 5/5 too, very easy to prepare and although it takes a while to bake, it's simply a matter of placing it in the oven while doing other things. I guess you need to think ahead on this one but I can live with that. Here is a quick look at the pudding :

                                

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment