Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 6 November 2015

From Scratch

Hi Everyone
It's another stocking filler today FROM SCRATCH and second ring kit. This is a very simple ring construction and versatile in terms of colour and surface pattern possibilities. The ring uses a bead with two holes for the main part of the ring called a Super Duo. The ring band is finished with smaller seed beads at each side, framing the ring.

                                 

I've made up this sample with my favourite blue colours and a little silver centre. All the items for making the ring are included in the kit ie. a needle,thread and beads. I've noticed that lots of bead kits don't include a needle and threading and often don't mention this point. When you open up the kit to get going it's so disappointing if all the bits are not there - so no such issues here ! The kit will come in a little bag with tissue wrapped beads and the tools, ready for making.
I'm calling this kit TILDA, not sure why ? I just like the name. I want a few TILDA  rings for my own collection so will work on my favourite colours combinations today. 
I do like vary large rings and this one is quite wide, if you don't like large rings this design can be reduced by developing fewer rows. I will develop some samples to illustrate the options and will share for next time.
The TILDA  ring kits will be around the £7 mark and there will be an option to have one made up on request via the Etsy Shop. I will add a link when the stock is available.

Have a great weekend.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment