Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 5 June 2017

Beading Experiments

Hi Everyone
I've been spending a little time beading recently. I know lots of Makers, new the beading, often struggle making a beaded ring with a Peyote style technique. So, I've been developing a simple, step by step tutorial to help our Makers succeed. I'll report on my success after the first session !

                   



These particular experiments are linked to a Making Workshop later today but I've also been testing out some new ways of using a beading loom with small seed beads and developing additional polymer beads for use on the loom. The idea is to create a component from polymer which can be added to the loom and beaded in place. I'm experimenting with making several holes in the clay component 'in line' with the loom threading. The finished item, initially, will be a bracelet and the component will feature in the centre of the piece. I'm not quite there yet ! - but the first polymer component is similar to the beaded example (see photo) in a 'tartan like' pattern. More to follow over the next few weeks.
My sample above will adorn a fibre bracelet after the workshop today. I'll post an image of the finished piece when complete along with other samples created by our talented Makers.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment