Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 24 June 2019

Summer Top Complete

Hi Everyone 
I’ve finished my latest Summer Top : Gill. The whole Make was very straightforward and a success. I’m already thinking of new ideas for more Summer Tops.

              
I was undecided about the collar on this Make. I knew, I wanted a Peter Pan collar but I wasn’t totally sure about the size of the collar. I initially thought the collar was too big. Having lived with the size for a day or so - I like it. I think, there’s an option for another smaller Peter Pan collar too.
There's not too much more to say about my Top !  The buttons are great - all the way down the back. I’m also thinking, I can wear the Top the other way around, buttons down the front too. I’ll aim to get some photos of me wearing the top, later today - both front and back views.

I love the print of this fabric, the cats are cute and the colours are great together. It's not the best quality cotton but I’m pleased with the design of this top and think,  I can wear it often. In the end, the pattern is completely reworked but I did use the Butterick 5792 original (check out a previous post about my idea here) as a basis for my Top. I’ve physically created a new paper pattern this time, for future Tops. I felt , I was creating lots more work by trying to alter the Butterick 5792 each time.

My next Top idea will feature an asymmetric button front. I have some more fabric washed and ready for the next design. Hopefully, I can get the pattern development underway later today.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment