Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 12 June 2017

Kumihimo Experiments

Hi Everyone
I'm starting a week of new projects this week. Each day, I'm hoping to develop a new project which will work up to a Making Workshop. I've a number of different techniques to try out each day. In total, I'm hoping for five new projects.
My first experiment for today is a Kumihimo braided necklace. 

                                


Kumihimo  is a Japanese form of braiding. My experiment will use a foam disc and cord to interlace the strands. A Kumihimo  is Japanese for "gathered threads". I've used this technique for braiding before but will need a bit of a reminder and am hoping to use a variety of different sized beads. Wish me luck.

Tomorrow, I'll share my results and introduce my 'Tuesday Experiment'.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment