Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 June 2017

Hanabira - reborn

Hi Everyone
I know it's not Friday (my designated day for updating my current crochet project) but I am excited to share 'Plan B - the new Hanabira' crochet cardigan project. I think, I'm back on track ! You can read background on the project here.

To restart , I swatched 4 different options for the fabric and eventually decided on this one :
                     
                        
I've gone for a 6mm crochet hook and Merino sock yarn. The colour is a lovely Pistachio Green and very soft. Compared to my previous version of the Hanabira which used a linen mix, the yarn is so easy to work. I'm confident, at the moment !, this plan will work out and eventually - I will have my cardigan. I'm begining to enjoy the challenge again.

So far, I've created the Foundation Chain and organised the neckline markers for the pattern increases :


                          

As per the last plan, I'm hoping to crochet a little everyday and will update each Friday showing my progress.
Wish me luck !

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment