Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Project Week Progress

Hi Everyone
I'm having an extra week working on my new workshop projects this week. I'm hoping to develop little steps from each of the five projects and complete by Friday. Yesterday, I worked on Dorset Buttons and the Kumihimo Braids. The Dorset Buttons involved making more samples - this time with multiple colour buttons. Both new buttons used cotton embroidery thread.

                          
As you can see from the photo - each of the new buttons introduced three colours of thread and I simply tried different stitch patterns to create different interest in the buttons. I'm thinking of one more sample using seed beads.
The Kumihimo Braid Project samples have cord ends - I now need to choose fastenings. 

                        
Ive started another braid in a teal colour and will try a different style of bead braiding with this one. I also have lots of wide cord ends in my stash - much too big for the braiding I've made. I'm thinking of experimenting with thicker threading to see if I can make cord to suit the ends, so will aim to make another braid. My plan is to have a total of four completed braids.
Today, I'm concentrating on the Kumihimo Project so should have more to share tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment