I'm sharing the Dorset Button developments from last week today. I've started to experiment with different threads to find my preferred finish but have stuck with the traditional weaving pattern on the buttons for my first samples.
My first button, pink, was a little messy and the mustard shade ended a little short of thread. However, I managed tomproduce a purple mauve button which turned out well. All these buttons were made with the same size brass ring and covered in the same way. I used a fine wool yarn for the mauve and purple sample,the others are made with embroidery cotton.
There are lots of different sample stitches for these buttons and my next move is to try out a variety of weaving finishes. If you look at my inspiration buttons from Friday, the different colours and variation in stitch patterns give a completely different look.
I'm hoping to try a few different patterns on new samples later today. I'd also like to find a variety of ring sizes to add another variation.
Thanks for calling in today.