Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 18 April 2018

Another Stitch Story

Hi Everyone

Breaking news ......... I just had to rearrange my post for today. Apologies but I will post today’s original post, tomorrow.

So, here’s my very important news, one of my lovely friends gave me the most perfect Birthday gift ever. If you are a regular reader of the blog, you will know I’ve been obsessed with my current Stitch Story Project. This Project was inspired by the amazing Jessie Chorley. So, when I received my birthday gift yesterday, I was overwhelmed.

                 

The gift is a Jessie Chorley book and a packet of preprinted patches. The whole package is beautifully presented and all the elements, including the packaging needs to be turned into another very special Stitch Story. I’m not entirely sure what I will create but something to do with friendship seems most appropriate. 
I know, I will get huge pleasure from thinking this through as well as spending time making whatever I come up with. I will, of course, be sharing how this projects develops. I’m beginning to think of the word friendship when I think about my ideas, so - I think I will name the new project Stitch Story : Friendship.
I’ve already read the Jessie Chorley book from cover to cover and am totally with Jessie Chorley and her working ethos. I love her approach and although, her aesthetic, is not necessarily (exactly)my own, I gain huge inspiration from making things from scratch. I need to make all the time, it’s simply a necessary part of my everyday. 

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow with more news of the Stitch Story: Miss Mitchell.



No comments:

Post a Comment