Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 12 April 2018

Holiday Photo Story 4

Hi Everyone
Even though, technically, I’m still on holiday, I’m almost thinking about starting work projects today. Not quite working, just thinking ! Recently, I’ve been experimenting with ideas for different ways of hand printing fabric. This idea is directly linked to the ongoing Stitich Story Project - read back a few weeks for lots of references to this project.
This particular idea will also feature as a Making Workshop which is coming up soon. 

                   

My photo story today is an example of one of my print ideas. I’ve used the little house and heart stamps with a previous experiment and wanted to find a way of creating something which could also take embroidered words and adapt to make a table napkin and possibly a piece of fabric wrap (gift wrap but fabric instead of paper). Each piece of fabric needs to be approximately 45cm square. This is quite a small piece but tricky to produce a neat and precise tiled image print (by hand). I like my sample and feel it can adapt and fulfil my brief. My plan is to go for a few different stamped images in this style.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment