Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 24 April 2018

More Stitch Story Tales

Hi Everyone
As mentioned yesterday, I had a little Stitch Story patch ‘under construction’. Happily, I managed to find some time to complete my patch. It’s ready for stitching in place.

                      

This clock will set the time for my Stitch Story: Miss Mitchell. Afternoons with Miss Mitchell always mean she is in the garden (there’s a whole range of little children’s stories in the Miss Mitchell world). The garden also sets the scene for lots of additional ideas and characters which ‘opens up’ more opportunities for Stitch Stories ‘to come’. I made my usual error of printing the clock too close to the edge of the fabric, so needed to add a complete back to the patch (stopping too much fraying). However, it’s turned out OK and will be a pretty addition to my patch collection.

More exciting news re Stitch Stories of the future - if you called in last week you will know I received a lovely birthday present. The present, a Jessie Chorley book and printed patches, has inspired me to plan my next Stitch Story. This time it will be a wearable item, a skirt. After reading my little book, ideas were bursting out of my head ! My planning approach is to create little paper patches with all my ideas recorded. At the moment, I have 10 little pieces of paper with an idea, a date and the working title of my project. This time the name is Friendship. My process is to allocate 10/15 mins to review and add to my paper patches. I’m hoping to have 3 or 4 little sessions each week until I have my firm plan. I’m probably, almost there !

                            

I have a vision  (in my head) of how my skirt will turn out. I think, it will be green and made of light weight fabric. Simple in design with lots of embellishments. The ideas I’ve worked on throughout the Miss Mitchell Story have been brilliant for preparing this next Project. It’s very exciting and I’m keen to enjoy the whole process. It’s not about making something very quickly but I would like to wear my skirt this Summer ! I will, of course, share ‘the journey’ here on the blog.

Thanks for calling in today.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment