Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 30 April 2018

Stitch Story - progress update

Hi Everyone
It’s almost time to start finishing my first Stitch Story. The project has been progressing slowly over the last few months in a gradual but enjoyable way. But, I’ve decided, it’s time to finish off this lovely experience. It’s a long time since I enjoyed making something so much. The whole thing has had ‘ups and downs’ but I’m very happy with how things have turned out. Read back for lots more about this project.

                       


I’ve added another couple of patches this week and think there maybe room for a couple more, maybe ? The new patches are experiments with stitching ideas and added to pull colours and textures together. However, I’d like to get the final arrangement of all the elements decided today. My plan is to tack down each element and come up with an attractive way to stitch all the pieces in place. I’m feeling a need to use embroidery stitches where I can. I’m not precious about covering every available space, it’s more that I like the balance and arrangement of each piece in its place.
The bag which I’ve engineered will be something I want to use, often. My idea is to use my bag to hold small knitting projects, specifically a sock project bag. I always have a pair or socks under development, so this will be perfect for taking my projects to Knit Group or just holding my knitting at home. I’m sure the bag will give me huge pleasure every time I use it.

I’ll know exactly what I need to do by the end of the day. I’ll share my final decisions and plans tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment