Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 26 April 2018

Silver Day News

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m having a Silver Day. It’s been a while since I used my dedicated Thursday slot for my Silver work. I’ve been completing silver work as and when I could over the Easter break but today it’s all about design and testing out some new ideas.
I have an old design with a prototype (which needs some extra work) and I’d like to develop a few more rings using the idea of adding tiny silver cups to a few ring designs. My prototype ring is an extendable design and this will feature in my new ideas too. I’m hoping to produce a mini Collection to include three items of jewellery and three designs per item. So, three rings, three earrings and three necklaces (a charm with chain idea).
Here’s a quick look at the original prototype ring which has inspired the Collection.

                       

Initially, I thought about adding semi precious stones to the little cups. However, I like the plain silver look. I would like to make another couple of rings which could be worn singularly as well as together as a stackable design. I’d also like to focus on small earring designs for this little Collection. My first job is to develop drawings. I always find inspiration from the drawing part and am looking forward to coming up with something exciting. I’m also keen to have a few new pairs of earrings for myself - an added bonus for me !

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment