Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 6 April 2018

Easter Stories 5

Hi Everyone 
We are at the end of another week so my photo story today has to be fibre related. It’s been a lovely Easter holiday break this week and one more week to go before we are back to normal working days.
I’ve not done very much in the way of Making projects but I have been busy knitting. Last Friday, I mentioned the problems I was having with my current sock job and the problems have continued. I’m on my 5th version of the socks. The pattern is lovely, the yarn is lovely and I’m enjoying the whole thing. However, sizing has been an issue. I am a very tight knitter and whenever a lace pattern is introduced, I have an issue - especially with lace patterned socks. My feet are average in size but my ankles and lower leg seem to be out of proportion with the rest of my foot and quite ‘chunky’. I’m aware of this and as such, have avoided knitting too many lace patterned socks after several disasters. I decided, early on, that I wanted to conquer the problem, hence lots of versions of the sock.

                     
As you can see, I’ve made a well fitted sock for one foot. I’ve also completed 50% of the final 2nd sock. The gusset is completed and I’ve got the foot to finish. As I’ve made so many versions of the sock (5),I know the pattern well and can knit the lace without thinking too much. Knitting this lovely lace pattern without having to check the pattern all the time, is hugely satisfying and very relaxing.
There will be some of this lovely yarn (Natural Born Dyers - Seapinks) left and Im planning on dying some yarn myself to allow me to use the Seapinks leftover for heels and toes of my next socks. I’m thinking of adding orange tones to ‘speckle pinks’ at the moment. This may change, I’ll experiment in a few days time.

Thanks for calling in. 
I’ll be back next week with more photo story blogs. 
Have a great weekend.











No comments:

Post a Comment