Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 16 April 2018

Back to work day

Hi Everyone 
As my blog title suggests, it’s back to work today and I’m starting with fabric stamping. This little project links to the ongoing Stitch Story Project - read back a few weeks for more on the Stitch Story. Today, I’m developing a stand-alone napkin project for a workshop tomorrow. The fabric stamping is the focus of the workshop and Makers can develop specific fabric for their Stitch Story or make a napkin instead. 
I’ve started by producing a 45cm square and turned the edges for hemming with some pretty little coloured, stamped houses? I’m not completely convinced with my initial napkin experiment ? I like the background fabric I’ve chosen and I like the printed images too. However, the point of the stamping is to use the outlines for embroidery and I think they are a little complicated, for embroidery purposes. I had thought about using embroidery on some elements of the image but I’m not sure I can make it work. Im also concerned that I need to make a neat job on the reverse, always a challenge for me ?

                  

I’ve not given up on this design yet ! I’ll have a go at some embroidery, keeping with the colours as per the images. I also like the idea of adding some embroidered lines running through the little houses. I’ve been inspired by something I’ve seen on Pinterest :

               
I especially like the different colours and styles of this stitching. I think I’d like to choose a couple of these stitches to add interest on my napkin, perhaps adding undulating lines around the edge ? I’m not sure how this will turn out ? - I may end up starting again !

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment