Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 23 April 2018

Stitch Story Update

Hi Everyone 
I’m back with the Stitch Story today. 
I’m probably there with the elements of Stitch Story: Miss Mitchell. I have added an embroidered clock patch (not quite finished yet) for a specific place in the corner of the piece. The clock is important because I wanted a reference to time. Time as a concept is quite important to the whole Miss Mitchell story and provides lots of ideas for a ‘story within a story’. There are lots of little sub plots within the Misss Mitchell concept and a specific time is often key to separating each little tale. The Stitch Story on my bag will be representative of this idea rather than focusing on one particular time.
The other bit of Stitch Story news is my new (to me) vintage buttons. I love the style of these buttons and have spent quite a while finding the perfect example of the buttons. I have a couple of places in my Story where I would like to attach some of these buttons. 
I think it’s time to start finally stitching down the patches/embellishments in place. I think, I need an embroidered piece of writing on the back of the bag. I’m not sure what it should be at the moment. Something simple. I’m hoping inspiration will spring from somewhere ? Here’s a quick look at the new elements :

                     

The clock will get some extra blue and red embroidery and I’m thinking of adding a border of some kind. I’ll be working on the patch later so should have something to share tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment