Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Holiday Photo Story 2

Hi Everyone
I have a heartwarming photo story (for me) today. Finally, I’ve finished my latest sock project.

                   

I’m still not sure why this project has taken me so long to finish ? I’ve genuinely enjoyed knitting these socks. The pattern, Winter Rose by Helen Stewart, has been a delight. The yarn, Natural Born Dyers in Seapinks colour, is beautiful. 

However, in total, I’ve knitted five whole socks and ripped out parts of the last. I can only put it down to my tight knitting gauge. I have tried to loosen up my gauge along the way and in doing so, I’ve messed up the sizing - several times. I think, I’ve learned lots about knitting lace patterns with my gauge, hopefully my next pair will be a ‘breeze’ !

No matter, I’ve now got my lovely pair of socks. I need to block them but can’t wait to wear them.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back with another photo story tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment