Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Stitch Story Update

Hi Everyone
My first Stitch Story Project is possibly coming to a conclusion for me ? I think, I'm on the last phase. However, each time I have a break in the Project, I come up with another idea ! So, perhaps not. Read back on the blog for lots more chat about this project.
I’ve rearranged my little patches lots of times (these patches decorate the base fabric bag to illustrate my story) and I’m still inspired to make more. I’m running out of space to cover my little bag, so this will stop me creating more.

                         

At the beginning of the project, I had a definite small drawstring bag. My second phase involved deconstructing the bag slightly, removing the original drawstring and adding a ruffle element around the top. This idea has been replaced several times. One idea involved adding a round base at one point. I particularly liked this plan but the bag is small and the round base was tiny. I felt my Story didn’t work in such a tight circle. 
My latest development has involved a complete remake of the bag. I have added a new back piece and a lining (more images tomorrow on this one). My plan is to use the original bag fabric as a complete front section. I will use my patches to cover the whole front of the bag. I’m hoping my Story reads much better in this format. I’d like to keep the idea of a ruffle around the top and I have plans to make handles for the bag. 
I’d like to start placing and stitching the patches in their final positions soon. There are a few additional patches eg a felted patch and an appliqué patch to add but I feel as if this Stitched Story is almost there.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back with a further update with more images, tomorrow.

           


No comments:

Post a Comment