Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 17 May 2018

More Brooches

Hi Everyone
I’m back on the brooches today. Here is a few images of brooch #3 as mentioned on yesterday’s blog.

             

               
From the basic version, I’d reviewed my brooch and decided on the elements in the first photo story. The most important element is my little framed Miss Mitchell charm. This tiny photo sets the story for my brooch. Initially, I thought about transferring the Miss Mitchell image on to fabric and adding to the frame charm. However, I simply printed the photo and set it into the frame with a clear glaze to protect the photo paper. I’ve also added a couple of small red polymer heart beads. I had surrounded the bottom segment of the brooch with small seed beads and added a second lighter blue seed bead giving a striped beaded tear drop shape. From the beginning, I wasn’t sure about the beaded element. I finally decided to remove the beads and I feel it’s more balanced.
I have another couple of additions to the broach, a small silver heart bead and a pair of wings for Miss Mitchell (photo will appear next week). The wings are an important part of Miss Mitchells story. She can fly, metaphorically. She has aspirations and knows how to use the wings to achieve her dreams. This little idea was inspired a few years ago from the Paloma Faith song, Never Tear Us Apart. Here’s the actual words which gave me the idea :
I told you
That we could fly
'Cause we all have wings
But some of us don't know why. 

Miss Mitchell knows how and why !

I’ll be rounding up all the finished brooches next week (including a few more brooches from Workshop Makers). I will decide where the brooches fit into the larger Stitch Story Project. It’s time to complete the Story and I’m happy that I have all the bits and pieces I need, to finish my bag. If you are interested, you can read back for lots more about this project.

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment