Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Monday 14 May 2018

Handmade Brooch

Hi Everyone 
I’m still working on my Stitch Story brooch element Collection today. I’ve already shared a couple of samples (read back last week for images) of my brooches so far. My third and final sample will hopefully offer a new design which will incorporate some handprinted fabric. I’ve developed a sketch which I will start from. However , I’m happy to go with whatever presents itself as I work on the piece.

              

My idea is to make something with two parts, a drop-like fabric gem, attached to a main shaped piece. See the templates in my photo story. I’d like to attach some of my hand printed fabric to the main piece -using fibres which I can dry felt into a manufactured Felt. The plan is loose in order that I can experiment. I’m planning on using some beads and embroidery stitches to decorate my brooch.

               


The colours for the brooch will reflect my Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell, so I’m talking reds, blues and greens. Hopefully, I will have the finished piece ready for sharing tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment