Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 25 May 2018

Fibre Friday (25/5/18)

Hi Everyone 
Another Fibre Friday has arrived from ? I’m not sure where my week has gone, it’s just flown by. Sadly, my ‘fibre makes’ for this week are rather meagre again. I’ve been working, mainly, on my Coinneach Cardigan by Kate Davies. Read back on Fridays for more on the project. I’ve managed to finish the yoke part and have spent lots of time sorting out the steek section on the centre front of the cardigan. Ive not worked a steek so I’m a little apprehensive about the whole thing. The section where the steek is happenening is also where all the different colour strands meet and I wanted to make sure everything appeared neat and tidy. I’ve learned lots about how colours need to be joined into a yoke so hopefully next time (my next colourwork sweater) I will be able to make a much better job. However, I’m actually quite happy with how the cardigan looks. It fits reasonably well. The slightly cropped length is good and the arms fit well. The yoke area is a little bigger than I would like but it’s fine.

                 

The colours work well together and I actually like the unsteeked look. I’m almost wondering if the Coinneach would make a good sweater. The steek section has a cute little pattern of colourwork which gives a rather interesting feature. I like the collar - it tends to stand up slightly and is a good size for my neck. I need to make a decision of what to do. I will sleep on it for a few days. Do I keep the Coinneach as a sweater of do I steek into a cardigan ?

My other little knit project is another pair of socks. I always have some socks on the go, so it’s not a surprise ! I did consider another pair of Fragment Socks (look back last week) but I’m going for another pair of my own Miss Mitchell Socks. This time, I will add a cuff inspired by the Coinneach bottom band. My plan is to use the main striped yarn for the toe up Miss Mitchell pattern with a contrast heel and the colourwork cuff. 

                            

I’ve just started and am about four rows underway. My plan is to develop two toes, add both to a single circular needle and knit both together until the colourwork cuff and separate again for the colourwork.

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment