Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 4 May 2018

Fibre Friday (4/5/18)

Hi Everyone 
It’s another Friday roundup of my fibre projects today. It’s all about knitting socks this week. I’ve always got a pair of socks on my needles but each pair usually takes a month or so to make. I tend to knit just a few rows each evening on the current sock project. However, over the last few weeks I’ve been knitting almost exclusively on socks. I’ve started my third Helen Stewart sock pattern and I’m still quite keen to keep going. Read back if you would like to see all of the socks and their progress over the past few weeks.

                       

The Magnolia socks, my second pair of socks in the Helen Stewart range, (left image) have acquired a contrast toe and a picot crochet edge. I need to sew the ends into these socks and block. The socks are a lovely snug fit and I’m keen to try them out as soon as possible.
The Fragment socks (right) have just started, yesterday, but I do like the pattern and can see myself knitting another pair for one of my boys. This pair will be for me. I love the colour of my sock yarn - Melon Balls on Fire by Ginger Twist Studio in their Sheepish Sock yarn.
As usual, with Helen Stewart sock patterns, I’ve gone up a size on the needles, 2.5mm instead of the suggested 2.25mm. The larger needle gives a good stretchy fabric with my very tight gauge.
Other fibre news, my spinning has suffered again this week ! I didn’t make specific times over the week for my spinning sessions. However, I’ve timetables next weeks sessions, so I will get back on track. I’m also starting to organise my own personal Wool Exploration Project. This will link into the Knit British initiative but I’m organising my own schedule to coincide where possible. Take a look at the Knit British website  here to understand what this initiative is all about. I’ll share more on this next week. Today, I’m going to organise and plan (on paper) the way forward. The wool exploration will sit alongside whatever my current spinning project demands. The big spinning project for me is a jumper quantity yarn for a mans jumper. I’ve a way to go but I’ve broken the spin into weekly spinning targets so I’m unfazed by the task !!

Thanks for calling in today.
 Have a great weekend. I’ll be back on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment