Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 1 May 2018

Stitch Story Decisions

Hi Everyone
I suggested yesterday- all my Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell plans would be in place. I think, I’m there ! On detailed inspection,  a few of the patches needed extra finishing, mostly the edges needed some attention. Many of the basic errors came about because I failed (repeatedly) to account for stitching or printing too near the edges of my patches ! My solution to these issues is to add a back to each of the patches. See example in my photo.

                        

I’ve added (simply placed at this point) ribbon to edge some of the patches but mostly I’ve placed finished edge patches in their own little spot. I’ve added butterfly buttons to the mix and they are very pretty. The butterfly image works well with Miss Mitchell and holds the whole design together. The only thing I need to keep thinking about is the little crochet frame. I’m still unsure of how to use the frame to best effect. I also want to add some form of hanging element using one of my handmade silver pins. I need to keep thinking about that one today.
I’ve also decided that on the back of the ‘bag to be’, I want to embroider some words. At the moment, the words will be Once upon a time ..... I like the relationship with a Stitched Story idea as well as the Miss Mitchell link. Then, there’s the handles. My plan for the handles are to add some cord inside a padded fabric short piece of fabric.
I can see the finished article and am very excited to complete the project. 

Thanks for calling in today.



No comments:

Post a Comment