Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Miss Mitchell Appliqué

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing my finished Miss Mitchell appliqué today. As described last week, I completed my planned tasks (read back last Thursday for more on this). Miss Mitchell acquired her hair bows and her ballet shoes as well as a little red heart. The red heart features in all Miss Mitchell images, so that was quite important to add. 
I found myself, yet again, in the position of working too close to the bottom and top of my patch. This is something I’ve talked about before and I mention it in all my Making Workshops. I should have planned the size more carefully. I managed to embroider Miss Mitchell so close to the bottom of my patch, at one point I did wonder if I could get her ballet shoes into the piece. As all the stitches were so close to the top and bottom, I used a piece of bondaweb (a iron on fusing fabric) to keep all the stitches fused together and added a second patch to enclose the whole piece. This gave me a chance to add a stitched seam all around the edge, containing any frayed edges. I finished the two sides with a red Whip stitch and I like how it looks at this point. I’m thinking a little more embroidery on the boarder would add something interesting. I quite like the idea of something like the writing in my image. I need to think of  something suitable to write (in embroidery).

                      

I like how the patch developed and it’s perfect for my Stitched Story. The original inspiration came from Pinterest and is lovely. I’m quite keen to make another. I love the curly hair version. There must be lots of options for more hairstyles.

                  

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment