Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 23 May 2018

Appliqué Patch

Hi Everyone 
I’m introducing a new element of my Stitch Story Project today. This time it’s all about appliqué. One of my lovely friends sent me a Pinterest pin (last week) which has inspired me to develop my new patch - take a look https://pin.it/cz6n54ykpdftq4 for the inspiring image.

My patch will be slightly different from the pin but it’s been a huge influence. As usual, I started with a pencil sketch :

                        

The patch will feature my lovely Miss Mitchell character, a regular image in my work. The idea is to view the doll from the back, so I needed something which would make Miss Mitchell immediately recognisable without looking at her face. I’ve chosen to highlight her hair, with the curly pigtails. I don’t have ribbons on the pigtails in my sketch but I will add the ribbons to the patch. I’ve also used striped arms (another key feature of the original Miss Mitchell) and will develop her legs/ ballet shoes too. Hopefully, these characteristics will make Miss Mitchell immediately recognisable, even from the back.

At the moment, the patch is underway with some of the features in place. I’m hoping to develop a photo tutorial over the next few days which I will share here on the blog. My plan is to show step by step developments of the little steps/techniques I’m using to make my patch.

So far, I’ve developed the outline of the doll. I’ve embroidered the arms and legs and have drawn (in pencil) the head shape. My job today, is to embroider the head and hairstyle. Wish me luck.

Thanks for calling in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment