Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Friday 11 May 2018

Fibre Friday (11/5/18)

Hi Everyone 
I’ve not got much to report on the fibre front today ! Most of my week has been spent gardening and the only time I’ve had for making is my little knitting sessions each evening, consequently, I’ve not made much progress on any fibre projects.
I had started a new pair of socks, the Fragment Socks by Helen Stewart, last week. I’ve been knitting on the socks exclusively and have made some progress. I’ve also made lots of mistakes and have needed to redo new sections a few times, so lots of wasted effort !

         
However, I’m well down the first sock and should finish the foot part later. The pattern is great and I’ve managed to remember most of the 12 row pattern. I find, I can read the knitting quite well so it’s a leisurely knit as long as I do concentrate, a little. The yarn (see photo) is also lovely. The colour is wonderful and I particularly like the way the yarn, knits up. 

I need to start picking up my other projects next week. I have a couple of new ideas for projects and would quite like to cast on a new sweater. Having a few projects on the needles at the same time is something I like. 

Thanks for calling in today. Have a great weekend. I’ll be back next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment