Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 3 May 2018

Stitch Story Embellishments

Hi Everyone 
Yesterday, I mentioned I had some extra ideas for making more patches. So, this is what I’ve come up with :


                   
This patch is more of a mini pennant, hanging on one of my handmade metal pins. I’ve also developed a loop which will be stitched into the top seam, where the lining is stitched to the outer bag. For the mini pennant (patch), I’ve used a pre made piece of navy Felt with a few very thin layers of dry felted fibres. The Felt piece was then doubled to form the patch, giving the patch a solid feel. I’ve also embroidered hints of flowers/stems with a red whip stitch edge onto the ‘patch’. The colours I’ve used are similar to those of my Miss Mitchell image but I’m not sure the final patch sits easily with the rest of my Stitch Story - too much of a purple statement compared to the rest of the elements. 
I wanted to make the patch as a construction sample and did think it would be great for my bag. However, I’m going to make a second sample. I can already see improvements to the construction technique so this will give me an opportunity to find the right colours and more flower like patterns for my second attempt. I like the idea of adding one of my butterfly buttons to the patch. You can read back for more on the Stitch Story over the last few weeks.

Thanks for calling in today. I’ll be back to tomorrow with Fibre Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment