Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Brooch #3 Update

Hi Everyone 
I’m reporting progress on my brooch #3 (from yesterday’s blog post). The actual construction is complete. However, there are more creative things needed to decorate the brooch.

                        

I’ve almost managed to keep to my original design plans (see bottom left image) - which is very satisfying. Almost all my usual plans are scrapped very quickly and I find myself wondering why ? This time, I started the project and simply followed my own sketch ideas. I’ve embedded a regular pin clasp into the back of the brooch but also added a faux handmade pin at the top. I like the handmade shape and the fact that the pin is unique but recognise the pin would make a massive hole in any garment. Hopefully, I get the best of both worlds by using my approach.
I’ve also incorporated some of my hand printed fabric into the brooch (top section) and love the effect of the pattern. I’m not sure exactly what I want to add ? I need to experiment with beads, charms and possibly ribbon or even more embroidery. I’d like to keep the impact of the fabric, I feel too many additions will simply hide the pattern and the colours.
The bottom section of the brooch has felted fibre over a piece of manufactured Felt with the words ‘once upon a time’ embroidered around the tear drop shape. Very small seed beads are then attached around the the ‘tear drop gem’.
I’ll be developing my brooch at our regular making workshop later today. I’ll share the results of more work tomorrow.

Thanks for calling in.


No comments:

Post a Comment