Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 10 May 2018

Felted Broach - mini project

Hi Everyone 
I’m sharing my latest mini project results today, a couple of broaches. These little broaches have been made to embellish my Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell Project.

         
            
              


I wanted to develop a few broaches as samples for my next Making Workshop (15/8/18) but it was also important that they could embellish my Stitch Story bag. I’ve chosen to pick out key elements of my Story in the broaches. Both hearts and butterflies feature alongside felted fibres in colours which I’ve chosen from my Miss Mitchell character. Look back over the blog to find out more about the Stitch Story.
I’ve used handmade pins made from silver art wire to attach my broaches to the bag. However, if the broach is to be used as a wearable item of jewellery - pinned to regular woven fabric clothing, large holes will appear in the clothing. A hand knitted item would be Ok but perhaps a fine broach pin attached to the back of the broach (in addition to the large pin) would be preferable. I’ll develop another broach using this idea next. Also, part of my job today will be to develop a few more handmade pins for the project. 

Thanks for calling in today.




No comments:

Post a Comment