Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 9 May 2018

New Project

Hi Everyone 
Today, I’m sharing another new project. Not that I have lots for spare time to give to give ! However, hopefully I can manage to free up some time to start. The new project is a EPP (English Paper Piecing) idea. Essentially, this is all about a type of ‘quilting’. I was introduced to this craft some years ago and have made some small quilts in the past. My plan this time is to make a large quilted craft bag. I will develop the bag via EPP and add some embroidery and possibly some Stitch Story-like patches.Take a look at this information if you are not familiar with EPP.
I have a Sizzix die which cuts the hexagon shapes and is very useful in preparing the templates required to develop the quilting pieces and I’ve found some lovely fabric in my stash which will make a lovely quilted bag.

                         

This project is a long term thing for me. It will hopefully sit alongside my existing Stitch Story projects. I see the EPP bag as a relaxing thing. I will hand sew the individual shapes and use my sewing machine to attach a lining and bag handles. It’s something that I will try and give a short time to each day. I’ve not started yet. My first job is to make a pile of templates- that’s my job for today.

Thanks for calling in.






No comments:

Post a Comment