Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Tuesday 8 May 2018

More Stitch Story plans

Hi Everyone 
It’s another lovely sunny day today. Yesterday, I spent lots of time trying to tame our very untidy garden. I think, the garden probably needs another day, at least !
However, I also have the start of a plan to add to my Stitch Story, so -  I’m hoping I can fit in a little embroidery. 
My plan is to embroid a little phrase on the bag of my bag ( read back on the blog for more on the Stitch Story). I’ve seen the phrase ‘once upon a time ......’ in lots of embroidered samples and feel it would work very well for my Stitch Story : Miss Mitchell. The back of my bag is currently a plain green fabric which needs something to balance the very busy front of the bag. I also think the phrase fits well with my Story. The Miss Mitchell Story is very much a fairy tale and rather unworldly.

                       


I’ve found some thick red thread which I think will work well for working a simple backstitch. I’m going to go freehand stitch the letters and then maybe some little flowers ? - if I feel the design needs more embellishments.

Thanks for calling in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment