Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 30 May 2018

Appliqué Developments

Hi Everyone 
I’ve started another range of appliqué samples for my Stitched Story Projects. These new ideas will probably form the basis of a new story rather than adding to Miss Mitchell. You can read all about my Stitched Stories and Miss Mitchell if you look back over the last few weeks.
My new work involves testing out various methods of creating my fabric images using the Sizzix cutting machine (Big Shot). I’ve used a variety of fabrics for the little shapes, mostly fine cotton, and applied Bondaweb fusing fabric to the back before cutting out. 
I did experiment with different ways of cutting the layers, some are cut fused and some separate and fused after cutting. The most effective way is to fuse first but some fabrics were a little too thick and caused problems with intricate cutting designs. However, I have a range of samples which have crisp appliqué shapes, which is very pleasing. I’ll create a little step by step photo tutorial (as per the last appliqué experiment) when I’ve completed this mini project.

                  
I’ve chosen a bird and cage design, a wasp, some picot boarder (bottom right) and a couple of birthday cakes (bottom left). My next job is to fuse the shapes to my patches and start to develop some embroidery designs. I’ll work on one of the patches today, not sure which. Call in tomorrow to see my results.

Thanks for visiting today.


No comments:

Post a Comment