Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Thursday 28 January 2016

Clay Day

Hi Everyone
Great news to report - I've finally got the Green Beads threaded and am wearing some of the jewellery as we speak ! Last week, you may remember, I was testing out combinations of the beads with silver spacers. I sort of knew that they didn't work at the time. Sometimes a little voice inside just says -  'NO'. I need to listen to this voice ! However, all has turned out well and Im pleased with my results.

                                  
Here is a great image of the stretch bracelet (my photographer was available) - it's great to wear. 
I've a couple of necklaces to share (photos needed here) and enough beads to make another stretch bracelet.

My next clay project is to develop some buttons/ badges to embellish knitted garments. I'm no great knitter (but I'm getting there !) and I've seen some lovely examples of such things by woolandthegang.com (take a look at their site - it's fab) - I need to find some little shapes which will do the job later today. The idea is to embellish a knitted garment with a little item, a bit like a broach but more like a button. I'm thinking of something slightly sparkly made with sparkly clay and in a simple shape which could be pinned or sewn onto the garment. I see the item being placed at the bottom edge or side of the garment. I'm not entirely sure what garment I need to use but will choose the garment first and then look to create a shape. I like the idea of adding the shape (needs to be simple) into a knitting pattern. My knitting skills will need to improve but I know a group of people who could help. Perhaps, I could start with a bag of some sort ? Just an idea.

I also want to make a new ring. I've seen a new technique to develop a large statement ring and will share my results next time. I'm not sure about a colour ? Perhaps, another range of greens ? - the new 'blue' for me.

I'm hoping I can actually move these little projects on steadily ...... I don't want to rush BUT the last project took forever and I almost lost it ! I'm so pleased I kept with it. The Green Bead stuff is my favourite of the moment.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment